Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blog alert: Valient Himself

Check this site out. Click on the link in the title.

Not sure why, they came highly recommended from respectable sources, but Valient Thorr just didn't grab me at this week's COC show, at least not like Torche did. They weren't bad, I didn't DISLIKE them, I don't want to say anything that I didn't like about them because I'd be doing so out of ignorance and (as someone who used to review bands that I was unfamiliar with) that would be unfair. I do not want to write them off or turn anyone interested but also ignorant of their style away from them.

BUT IN THE MEANTIME, the singer has a blog, Valient Himself, and most of it is about old crappy movies (and some good ones). Low budget Sci-Fi channel, Up All Night, the kind of thing even The Asylum is too competent for. He writes hilariously (and of course, very well) about these movies. So kudos to his blog for KEEPING ME UP ALL NIGHT because I can't stop reading about his movie choices.

Hooray for Valient Himself! Check it out!

No comments: