Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Theater anti-news. CITIZEN COBRA cancelled.

I have a lot of albums I want to review but those are going to wait just a tiny, tiny bit. I have parted ways with New Millennium Theatre and most likely "theater" completely. This is a personal blog, but it's one where I just plan to post what I'm doing and thoughts about the process as I do it. It's not to express my feelings on what is actually going on in my life, beyond album reviews and any humorous anecdotes.

The news results in Citizen Cobra, aka Script #3, which I've mentioned I was working on hither and yon, ceasing to exist as a play. It will obviously not be made into anything else since it's a parody of a cartoon.

I am going to post the script here on this blog and you can read it or you can not read it. I don't know how interesting it will be to read a failed script (or a script I have decided to stop working on and no longer promote or rewrite). I am going to remove lines that are songs that the cast was going to sing, as the lyrics are copywritten. I will, at the end of each scene, include notes of the intention, what the scene is about, and changes I had to make. That might seem unnecessary, but seeing as how it's no longer a play that means it will never see the light of day.

I wrote out and then deleted the reasons why I wrote the play, how I worked on it, and why recently I decided to quit working in theater and cease running Cobra Commander for President Of The United States. It's no longer important, though maybe it'll be obvious while you're reading it. I was upset but I don't have an axe to grind.

I am going to work on my band and my dopey comic strips. If no one listens or reads, that is fine. I am looking forward to getting back to drawing.

If you ever came to see me in Hack/Slash, or saw The Flaming Dames while I worked behind the scenes, or saw Scott Janus: Monster Hunter, thank you so much. If you saw any NMT shows while I was there, they appreciate it. But the shows I appeared in, worked behind, or wrote: I needed the support. Each time was a new ocean filled with sharks and negligent oil companies and your support helped make it a great time!

No comments: